The RTM (Rear Transition Module) board is implemented in the Compact PCI architecture in HiPath 4000 Siemens Communication Server and forms the interface between the central processor board (DSCXL) and the peripheral LTU shelf. This board offers the same functions as its predecessor DSCX as well as the following improvements.
- It is integrated in the CompactPCI system
- It supports up to fifteen LTU shelves
- It replaces the existing LTU cables with standard CAT5, 8-pin, shielded cables, (RJ45)
- It provides a LAN-based interface to the DSCXL over the backplane.
The RTM board consists of the following interfaces:
- Compact PCI backplane with:
- Power supply
- System clocks
- Slot addresses
- Control signals between partner boards
- LAN 10/100Base-T (direct connection over the backplane to the DSCXL board)
- LTU 15 x RJ45 each with 32 Mbps (each of which has 1x HDLC channel with 2 Mbps and 4x PCM64s (256 B channels per LTU, max. 3840 B channels)
- V.24 9-pin SUB-D connector (service connector)
- Displays (LED)
The RTM board receives +3.3 V from the systems backplane. The power supply voltages required for the various circuits on the RTM board are generated by the DC/DC voltage converter.
A Hot Swap Controller monitors the local voltage levels and disables the board:
- When 2.5 A power consumption exceeds 20us
- Immediately when 7.5 A is reached
- In the case of critical voltage underflow; once disabled, the board automatically attempts to perform a reset after approximately 1.5 s.
- When the board is plugged in and unplugged.
The board can plugged in and unplugged during live operation
- Delivery Time: Within seven working days
- Packaging Details: Boxed
There are no reviews yet.